Learn how to improve student engagement and build a positive climate for learning and discipline for grades K-12.We've all heard this about students: "If they are engaged, they are managed." And this is absolutely the truth. But we still need rules, routines, trust, and student ownership to make a classroom run smoothly and effectively.
This guide will address those practical aspects of managing a classroom, with suggestions and resources appropriate for
What's Inside ?
1. Design a Safe, Friendly, and Well-Managed Classroom
2. Include Students in Creating Rules, Norms, Routines,
3. Create a Variety of Communication Channels
4. Always Be Calm, Fair, and Consistent
5. Know the Students You Teach
6. Address Conflict Quickly and Wisely
7. Integrate Positive Classroom Rituals
8. Keep It Real
9. Partner with Parents and Guardians
10. Partner with Parents and Guardians